gd-1.8

Frank Koormann frank.koormann at intevation.de
Fri Mar 10 06:54:59 EST 2000

Hi,

* Stephen Lime (steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us) [000309 21:01]:
> The latest version of GD I had tried was 1.7.3. The jpeg stuff
> is brand new. MapServer won't use it anyway cause at the
> moment there is no way to toggle between PNG, JPG or BMP
> output with the new version. I imagine you could compile
> GD without JPEG support and it would probably work. I'll
> try it at home.

I have compiled mapserver 3.3-008 with GD 1.8 successfully.
Steve, you are right, GD has to be compiled without jpeg support.
Here the steps:

o in the Makefile of gd sources:
        - CFLAGS=-O -DHAVE_XPM -DHAVE_LIBTTF
        - LIBS=-lm -lgd -lpng -lz -lttf -lXpm -lX11
        - VERSION=1.8 # :)

o make libgd.a

o in the Makefile of mapserver:
        - As described in the GD Section, add -lpng and -lz to
          GD_LIB for png-support and set GD=-DUSE_GD_1_6
        - modify the path to libgd
        - #MAKE_GD=gd
                (to suppress compilation of gd-1.2 packed with the
                 mapserver)

o make

Thats it and it works fine for me (Since all other libs are available).

Regards,

        Frank

--
Frank Koormann			    	 http://intevation.net/~frank/