imagemaps with mapscript

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Fri Mar 10 10:35:22 EST 2000

The easiest way would be to add a method to a shapeObj to apply a
map to it. That is to clip, thin and transform the coordinates. It's a
pretty easy addition. However, I've frozen development until I get the
webCVS running with the folks at the UMN. It'll be a couple of weeks
before I can make the changes.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Internet Applications Analyst

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> Robert Chavez <rchavez at perseus.tufts.edu> 03/10/00 08:38AM >>>
Greetings,

I'm using mapscript to draw building polygons on a basemap; users can
select building names/types from an interface - mapscript pulls the
appropriate polygon data from a Postgres database, creates a shapefile
and adds and draws the polygon as a layer to the overall map.

What I'd like to do is create a client side image map out of these
building polygons.  Obviously, the polygon geo-coordinates are easy to
access, but is there some way to access the corresponding image
coordinates that get created when the polygon layer is rendered by
mapscript/mapserver?  There's probably an easy way to calculate what the
corresponding image coordinates would be, but I'm just not seeing it.
Any ideas?

Thanks,
Rob Chavez
rchavez at perseus.tufts.edu