Zoom help

An Tay Nguy anguy at geoanalytic.com
Wed Mar 15 12:02:43 EST 2000

Hi everyone,

I am a newbie to the world of MapServer.

My system is:
NT 4.0 using IIS.
MapServer 3.3006

In my html code, I have a java applet that set the variable
imgxy(mouseclick), imgbox(the area of zoom in pixel) and submit the map
request.
The applet also set the zoom variable( 3-zoom in| 0-query/pan| -3-for zoom
out ).
The result of the zoom sometimes works and sometimes I get this error
message:

"loadForm(): Web application error. Reference map coordinate out of range."

Does anyone know what this message means?

Furthermore, There seems to be 3 ways to perform zooming:

1) zoomdir/zoomsize
2) zoom ( x > 0 - zoom in | 0 > x - zoom out | x = 0 - pan/query )
3) imgbox( x1 y1 x2 y2 )

a) Are there more than these three methods?
b) If these three methods were being used in the same HTML,
   which of these have more priority over the other?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers!