Inline features

imap at chesapeake.net imap at chesapeake.net
Thu Mar 16 20:47:34 EST 2000

Robert, Here is a mapfile with an example of an inline featue
that puts SYMBOL 26 (a red star or something) at a given lat/lon.
With mapscript, you can add points, etc.    Hope that helps.

-Chris

LAYER
  NAME properties
  TYPE ANNOTATION
  STATUS DEFAULT
  PROJECTION
    geographic
  END
  CLASS
    NAME "user-defined properties"
    TEXT "House"
    SYMBOL 26
    COLOR 0 0 0
    LABEL
      TYPE TRUETYPE
      ANTIALIAS
      FONT arial-bold
      BUFFER 4
      SIZE 8
      POSITION AUTO
      COLOR 0 0 0
      BACKGROUNDCOLOR 255 255 204
    END
  END
  FEATURE
    POINTS -76.61998 38.76016 END
  END
END

RAldridge wrote:

> Could someone provide an example of using inline features with MapServer.  I'm having a problem figuring it out.  What I'd like to do is have the user input a desired label in a form, click the map, and the map redraw with a marker & label at the clicked point.  Any examples out there?
>
> Thanks
>
> Robert Aldridge

Chris Stuber (mapsurfer)
Silicon Mapping Solutions, Inc.