Tiled data

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Wed May 3 10:30:55 EDT 2000

Your layer definition might look like:

LAYER
  NAME sections
  DATA sections # or whatever the name common to each directory is
  TYPE POLYLINE

 TILEITEM location # or whatever the item storing the tile path information is
  TILEINDEX /gisdata/index

  .... class/query/scaling stuff ...
END

Steve

Stephen Lime
Internet Applications Analyst

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> RAldridge <RAldridge at linuxstart.com> 05/02/00 12:17PM >>>
We have an ArcInfo Library that I want to replicate to tiled shapefiles for use with MapServer.  I've set-up the directory structure on my mapserver box as follows: /gisdata/a1, /gisdata/a2, /gisdata/a3.../gisdata/j11.  So, I have a rectangular grid that I use for my index that has 110 tiles.  If my index.shp file is located in /gisdata, what should my .map file entry look like to draw section lines (sections.shp), for instance.

I had this working before, but can't seem to figure it out now.

Thanks,

Robert Aldridge