Trying to implement an identify tool

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Fri May 5 18:05:16 EDT 2000

This is pretty easy using the standard MapServer or MapScript for that matter. You just need a little javascript to change the form target when the mode changes. That's how the data deli works. When a user wants to do a query, just before submission a results window is opened and the target property of the form is changed to use that window. That target could be a frame, a window or even a css layer. To do this implement an onSubmit
method for your main form and do a little checking just before submitting the form.

BTW LandView and it's underlying code will support this as well.

Steve

Steve

<<< <bfischer at usgs.gov>  5/ 5  2:38p >>>
I am trying to implement an identify tool similiar to how ArcView IMS
works.  I was wondering if anyone else has implement something like this
with mapserver.  What I want is a seperate window to appear after a feature
is clicked on.  This would be fairly simple if we could use a javascript
function like window.open in the template parameter of a layer query.  Is
there any way to do something like this with the current version of
mapserver?

Thanks,

Brian Fischer
bfischer at usgs.gov