mapscript Perl module

Daniel Morissette danmo at videotron.ca
Tue May 30 13:24:18 EDT 2000

Zolla Michalak wrote:

> The same program DOES work with mapscript when compiled and run from UNIX,
> just not from the web. It think this might be a library path problem.
> Before compiling in UNIX, I have to give it this command: setenv
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH /local/tiff-3.4/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH. I tried setting the
> path in my .login file, but that didn't seem to help. I might have the
> syntax wrong though. Here is the setenv line from my .login file: setenv
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH /usr/lib:/usr/local/lib:/local/tiff-3.4/lib
>
> Any suggestions?

If you're using Apache then the value of LD_LIBRARY_PATH is not
automatically passed to the CGI scripts.  You can add a PassEnv or
SetEnv directive to your httpd.conf with the value that should be passed
to your CGI scripts.  See:

    http://www.apache.org/docs-1.2/mod/mod_env.html#setenv

 Daniel Morissette                       danmo at videotron.ca
              http://pages.infinit.net/danmo/