More on displaying cached images

Lyndon Zimmermann lyndon.zimmermann at adelaide.edu.au
Wed Nov 1 01:01:02 EST 2000

Lyndon Zimmermann wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I'm managing to develop images which are placed in /data/tmp, of the
> form ms97305232420288.png.

Further on this:
my directory structure seems to be the problem, something I've really
not come to grips with.  The MapServer-generated HTML (does this file
have a name?) sits in the cgi-bin and loses all the links because the
template file was written to sit in ../html/bioenergy_atlas/html/
(relative to /cgi-bin).  Now either this MapServer generated HTML needs
to be told to sit in the same directory as the template file or the
links have to be written to survive the relocation.

Any clues?

Earlier I wrote:

> 1.      Each enquiry develops a new image (which I can see if I point my
> browser to /data/tmp) but I can't get the image to appear in the
> "template file" browser window. I have <input type="image" name="img"
> src="[img]" width="500" height="500" border="0"> in the template file.
>
> 2.      These png files just seem to accumulate.  How are they purged? (or
> should I be naming them so they overwrite?)
>
> Regards,
>
> Lyndon Zimmermann
> Adelaide

Lyndon Z