SourceForge can still link to us

Andrea Goethals andreag at geoplan.ufl.edu
Fri Nov 3 13:49:40 EST 2000

I sent an email to the SourceForge folk to see if they
could still link to our site even if they didn't host our
development. It turns out they can.

Here's the email I got back:

Hi Andrea,

There's no policy that says hosted projects have to host all of their
development on SourceForge.

The best thing for you to do is register your project, input a
description/trove categorization, upload your releases to SourceForge, turn
off the development tools and point the "project home page" link to wherever
your main development site is. (The site documentation explains how much of
this works, if you have problems, you can file a support request under the
"contact us" link on the left-hand nav.)

Of course, if there are things we can do to entice you to use more of the
tools, we'd love to hear about them.

Regards,

Dan Bressler
<dbressler at valinux.com>

I think that it would be good for us to do this - that way we can
benefit from all the SourceForge traffic. What do you all think?

Andrea

| Andrea Goethals         |
| andreag at geoplan.ufl.edu |
| GeoPlan Center          |