PHP/Mapscript questions??

Assefa Yewondwossen assefa at dmsolutions.on.ca
Mon Nov 6 09:35:35 EST 2000

Hi There,

 Php/mapscript has been ported to php4. I have placed on our site the latest
binaries :
 http://www2.dmsolutions.on.ca/mapserver/dl/php4_mapscript_dll-20001106.zip

I have also added in the zip file, a file called phpinfo_mapscript.php4 that
can be used to easily test if
your php works and if the php_mapscript.dll loads correctly.

As for php.ini, you should set the extesion_dir parameter to the directory
where you keep your php dll files. Then you can then either load the
php_mapscript.dll by adding it in the php.ini file or load it when needed (by
using dl("php_mapscript.dll"); php command).

Hope it helps,

aborruso at spaziogis.it wrote:

> Dear all,
> I have installed and tested PHP 4 in my win2000 workstation with Microsoft
> IIS and cgi mapserver version 3.3.011. Does Php/mapscript work only with
> PHP3? If no, Do I install mapscript either moving PHP_MAPSCRIPT DLL to the
> php dll folder or changing php.ini file? What's the simplest way to test
> PHP/Mapscript? Does exist any tutorial? Which is the download path for
> PHP_MAPSCRIPT DLL?
> Thank you,
>
> Andrea

Assefa Yewondwossen