point data searching

nwerneck at yahoo.com.br nwerneck at yahoo.com.br
Mon Nov 6 16:56:37 EST 2000

	Well, let me try to ask the question again.....

	I'm trying to put a "city locate" feature in my page (doing an
item/value query, and putting the city in the center of the map).
The first solution I saw was to create an invisible layer with
rectangles around the cities... But it's looking that there's an easier
solution, or is not?
	Maybe with that thing of adding features in the query...

	Doing a bare item/value query, the map stays in the same
place. I've tried out something like including a "scale=5", but the
map jumps to some place around the (0,0) point.

	Is there any cute solutions to this, or I'll have to create the
invisible regions layer around the cities???