point data searching

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Mon Nov 6 17:05:09 EST 2000

You can use inline features or possibly simply just another layer def.
If you're using a item/value query then you could have it query a layer
that represents cities with big yellow circles or whatever. Then you could
use a querymap with TYPE SELECTED. That way only the city that is
selected gets drawn that special way.

Do you really need to draw the city some special way or do you just need
it centered on the city with everything drawn as normal?

Steve

Stephen Lime
Internet Applications Analyst

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> <nwerneck at yahoo.com.br> 11/06/00 03:56PM >>>
	Well, let me try to ask the question again.....

	I'm trying to put a "city locate" feature in my page (doing an
item/value query, and putting the city in the center of the map).
The first solution I saw was to create an invisible layer with
rectangles around the cities... But it's looking that there's an easier
solution, or is not?
	Maybe with that thing of adding features in the query...

	Doing a bare item/value query, the map stays in the same
place. I've tried out something like including a "scale=5", but the
map jumps to some place around the (0,0) point.

	Is there any cute solutions to this, or I'll have to create the
invisible regions layer around the cities???