New install problem (for me, anyway)

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Tue Nov 7 15:00:23 EST 2000

Looks to me like the CGI setup is wrong. Instead of running the mapserv program
its sending the binary. Check your apache setup.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Internet Applications Analyst

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> Erich Schroeder <erich at museum.state.il.us> 11/07/00 01:39PM >>>
Hi,
  I just downloaded, compiled, and set up the demo for 3.3.011. It seemed
to configure and compile OK with no

http://museum.state.il.us/RiverWeb/ms_demo/demo_init.html

Meanwhile older mapservers I had set up continue to work:

http://museum.state.il.us/museum/museum_init.html

I believe that this is ms_3.3.007

What did I forget this time? One thing which I remember that has changed
on my machine between the compiles was that I switched from an unusual web
server (WN) to apache with mod_php, but otherwise it is still the same old
redhat system with all the y2k upgrades.

Am I running into problems with having libttf.so in two places, ie?
/usr/lib/libttf.so
/usr/lib/libttf.so.1
/usr/lib/libttf.so.2
/usr/lib/libttf.so.2.1.0
/usr/local/lib/libttf.so
/usr/local/lib/libttf.so.1
/usr/local/lib/libttf.so.1.0.0
/usr/local/lib/libttf.so.2
/usr/local/lib/libttf.so.2.2.0

Erich

Erich Schroeder                    Phone: (217)785-0033
Curator, Information Technologies  FAX:   (217)785-2857
Illinois State Museum GIS Lab      Internet: erich at museum.state.il.us
http://www.museum.state.il.us/