request for the answer

Jim T. Bowen (GAIA Consultants Inc.) bowenj at peligroso.gaiaenv.com
Mon Nov 13 19:37:54 EST 2000

Hi rupesh,

This is more of an ArcView question than a MapServer question.

Having said that, the answer is 'yes' you can georeference an image
using ArcView using the appropriate extension.  Check the ESRI site for
extensions/scripts to download.  I think some of these let you enter the
'real-world' GCP coordinates manually and then interactively select the
image coordinates.

http://gis.esri.com/arcscripts/scripts.cfm