PHP MapScript - where to start?

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Tue Nov 14 15:47:55 EST 2000

aborruso at spaziogis.it wrote:

> Now all is ok.
> How can I start to learn php_mapscript? Is there a tutorial? Is there some
> examples?
> I'm very confused.

Andrea,

I'm sure there are several good PHP tutorials on the web (start by
looking on the http://php.net/ web site)... I also found a couple of
days ago that there was a PHP HOWTO at:

   http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/PHP-HOWTO.html

Also, there are a couple of simple examples of use of PHP MapScript in
the MapServer source distribution in mapserver/mapscript/php3/examples.

Finally, you can download the source code and data for our GMap demo
application (http://www2.dmsolutions.on.ca/gmap/gmap75.phtml) from
http://www2.dmsolutions.on.ca/mapserver/dl/

 Daniel Morissette                morissette at dmsolutions.ca
                 http://www.dmsolutions.ca/