New mapping application

Doyon, Jean-Francois Jean-Francois.Doyon at CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca
Mon Nov 27 12:24:07 EST 2000

Goodday,

I just wanted to give everyone a heads-up.

I've implemented a new mapping interface using Mapserver CGI to provide live
up to the minute mapping of our federal election results as they come in.
(Canadian Federal Election).

You will be able to find a link here:

http://atlas.gc.ca/english/facts/elections/elections2000/index.htm

Click on Election 2000 Mapping.

There currently are only Screen-Shots, the interface will go live sometime
this afternoon, with data showing up sometime shortly after 10pm EST.

Feedback is most welcome of course !

Sorry I've been so quiet lately, been working on this non-stop for a while.

Hopefully I'll get back into the swing of things soon now (Such as the
documentation project).

And Stephen, that thing where you can set almost any Mapfile paramter with a
structured URL parameter (map_layer_???) is very handy :)
Great for implementing bi-lingual interfaces.

Cheers,

Jean-Francois Doyon
Internet Service Development and Systems Support
GeoAccess Division
Natural Resources Canada
http://atlas.gc.ca
(613) 992-4902