Mapscript Tcl interface: call for testers/developers

Tom Poindexter tpoindex at nyx.net
Wed Nov 29 17:49:17 EST 2000

On Wed, Nov 29, 2000 at 05:35:13PM -0500, Daniel Morissette wrote:

> BTW, before someone else asks (the usual question)... does it work on
> Windows?  :)  (I guess the real question is: has the TCL MapScript been
> compiled on Windows?)

Nothing is really preventing it from running on windows, except I haven't
built it there or made a Makefile.  Tcl/Tk is notoriously portable between
Unix, Windows, & Mac.  I don't have a good Windows build environment, but
I see many folks are building Tcl/Tk extensions by using cross-compilation
tools on Linux.  The 'send' commands in the ms*tcl program would also need
to be changed to use the builtin 'dde'.

--
Tom Poindexter
tpoindex at nyx.net