Graphs/Charts

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.on.ca
Tue Oct 10 08:33:03 EDT 2000

"Kalma, Anthony" wrote:

> I appreciate this is a forum for web mapping, but I wonder if anyone on the
> list has come across any "open" graphing tools for web development? I'm
> thinking of bar charts and pie charts in particular.

Tony,

Have a look at OWTChart:

	http://pages.infinit.net/danmo/owt/owtchart.html

It's a CGI built on top of an open source chart library called GDChart
(after doing some reorganization in GDChart) to generate virtually any
type of chart from parameters passed in the URL.  OWTChart does not yet
give access to all the possibilities of the underlying GDChart, but new
features are added as we need them.

I am planning to do some more work on OWTChart in the next few weeks,
and as part of that will package a clean source code distribution, etc.
In the meantime, you can always download a snapshot of the OWT source
and hopefully typing 'make' in the main directory will work on your
system:
	http://pages.infinit.net/danmo/owt/owt-20000324.tar.gz

 Daniel Morissette             morissette at dmsolutions.on.ca
               http://www.dmsolutions.on.ca/