PDA version of MapServer

imap at chesapeake.net imap at chesapeake.net
Tue Oct 10 23:34:41 EDT 2000

TO: MAPSERVER List

I am curious to know if anyone is doing anything with mapserver
generating images for the PalmPilot or WinCE.  I am hoping to
find time to do something soon if there is some interest, please
contact me.  The wireless market seems to be really moving right
along ;)

Another area of interest is data compression.  These shapefile
datasets (Tiger/GDT/DMTI) are overly massive.  I have found a
company who will build a proprietary format and API for reading
compressed indexes and map data, but it has 2 major problems
(1) It will be expensive to develop and deploy and (2) It is
proprietary.

I am hoping that some developer types might be interested in
building and testing new apps for ASPs and end-users.

Regards,

Chris Stuber (mapsurfer)
Silicon Mapping Solutions Inc
(410)257-3187