php3 and Point Query

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.on.ca
Thu Oct 12 11:54:03 EDT 2000

peter.jacobs at javel.nl wrote:

> Hello,
> though I have read most of the previous mesages I'am not able to get a
> point query working. Can someone help me?
> ERROR message :
> Points : 84463.618126601 447332.90091818
> Warning: Using scalar variable $result as an array or object in test.php on
> line 225

This PHP error means that $result is not a valid queryResultObj.

The MapScript documentation should say that if nothing was found at
query location then queryUsingpoint() returns 0.  So your code should
check for that case:

         $result =$layer->queryusingpoint($point,MS_SINGLE,-1);

         if ( ! $result )
         {
           echo "Nothing found at click location";
         }
         else
         {
           echo("Result :$result->numresults"); //error!
           $shapendx = $queryres->next();
         }

 Daniel Morissette             morissette at dmsolutions.on.ca
               http://www.dmsolutions.on.ca/