query points

Ricardo Wagner Martins ricmar at pro.via-rs.com.br
Tue Oct 24 09:09:11 EDT 2000

Hello everybody,
just like in the demo example I used the query
statement for a class of POLYGONES which worked
well.
But when I tried to use POINTS, there seems to
be a problem. I have a shapefile (with dbf) which
includes names of cities. Even the labeling in the
map works, also the error message when I try
to query a city which is not in the tolerance range.
But if it is inside the range mapserver doesn't stop and
there is a zombie process using a lot of cpu recourses.
Maybe it is not common to query points (so it doesn't
work), but I would like to have a small map (as result
image) which shows the area around the city.
Could it be that it shouldn't work with points, did I do
something wrong or is it a bug?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Ricardo Martins
PROCERGS - Brazil