DATA path problems

Chad Nielsen cnielsen at co.tillamook.or.us
Tue Oct 24 19:03:06 EDT 2000

I'm trying to put our shape files into theme category folders, i.e.

/library/hydro/shapes/hydro
/library/transportation/shapes/roads
etc.

Trying to keep things organized on the webserver. The problem is I can only
declare one shapepath.
I tried setting the full path name at each DATA control, i.e.
DATA 'e:\gisweb/library/hydro/shapes/hydro' - Doesn't like the colon.
if I go
DATA /library/hydro/shapes/hydro it can't find the data.

only works if I put all the shapes in one directory and declare it with
SHAPEPATH
and only use the data file name, i.e. DATA hydro

Is this the only way to do it?

Chad M. Nielsen, GIS Programmer/Analyst
Tillamook County Performance Partnership (TCPP)
Tillamook Coastal Watershed Resource Center (TCWRC)

  GIS:   http://gisweb.co.tillamook.or.us
 TCPP:   http://www.co.tillamook.or.us/countygovernment/Estuary/homepage.htm
TCWRC:   http://www.tbcc.cc.or.us/~tcwrc/