MapServer installation

Pericles S. Nacionales pnaciona at gis.umn.edu
Wed Oct 25 01:42:04 EDT 2000

Folks,

The error message "loadSymbol(): GD library error" refers to a symbolset
error.  If you look at the marker.sym file, you'll notice it calls for GIF
images.  This needs to be replaced with PNG images when using GD 1.8.3 or
some other version besides 1.2.  This is precisely what Steve Lime was
talking about in the previous post.

I'll share a new GD_1.8.3-enabled demo after I get off my plant taxonomy lab
later this afternoon.  Looks like it's time to update the demo guide
again...  damn!

-Perry