State of MapServer...

Robert Chavez rchavez at perseus.tufts.edu
Wed Oct 25 19:36:32 EDT 2000

Steve et al.

I'd be happy to help out with detailed examples and documentation for Perl
mapscripting.  I've put mapscript through it's paces and have picked some
useful scripting pointers along the way (with lot's of help from people on
this list!).

In addition to better examples and doc, maybe a mapscript Perl/PHP FAQ
would be a good idea, especially for the most common new user
questions.

I have to agree with Steve on the CVS issue.  SourceForge is a great idea,
but since Mapserver is in such a dynamic state right now I think the speed
of the UMN connection is a great boon for those of you on the bleeding
edge.  Especially since UMN has a good history of supporting Steve's
work.

I think Daniel suggested writing a revision history text file and keeping
that under CVS as well -- this would be a valuable addition to the doc.

Best Wishes,
Robert Chavez
Perseus Project
http://www.perseus.tufts.edu