Deleting files in IMAGEPATH and misc. ?

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Sat Oct 28 00:19:32 EDT 2000

1) a cron job to purge files is a good idea, mapserver will not take care of this itself

2) i've looked at MrSID but their APIs (last I checked) where not availible widely and there where some developer license issues. since nobody has asked for it i haven't pursued. actually I was kinda hoping gdal might support it.

3) mapscript already supports python. building it is not quite as easy as with perl but can and has been done on several platforms. norman?

Steve

>>> Tim Cera <timcera at EARTHLINK.NET> 10/27/00 21:08 PM >>>
I have setup a small MapServer driven site for a client's internal web.
Everything is working fine, I just have a few questions.

I was wondering if MapServer deletes any files out of IMAGEPATH?  It
doesn't seem that it does so I setup a cron job to delete files older
than two days.  What is the best way to handle this?  Do I have to
worry?

Is there any planned support for Mr Sid format from LizardTech (
http://lizardtech.com/ ). The license issues might kill this idea, but
the license seem to be more lenient to people developing viewers.  They
make their money on the compression side of things.

Python has become my favorite language, and though I don't have any
current plans for MapScript, I was wondering when Python would be
supported.

Much thanks for truly wonderful software.

take care
tim cera

timcera at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~timcera