a cute mapserver site

nwerneck at yahoo.com.br nwerneck at yahoo.com.br
Sun Oct 29 05:13:21 EST 2000

	Hi.

	I'm administratting a mapserver site here in Brazil. It's from an
institute that supports the tourism in a region cut by the the
ancient "royal road".
	It's quite away from being finnished, but I tought it would be
interestting to show it to you. It happens that i've used mapserver in
a (surprisingly) uncommon way.
	Most of the mapserver sites i've seen out there display only
point or line information, over some 2 or 3 regions with different
meanings. It happens that I wanted to colour each one of the sub-
regions (the nuclei (is this right? :) if not, it's at least beautifull ) )
with different colours.
	I've sent a message here asking about how to read the color
number from the database. Well, here is why! I had to define the
colour of each one of the nuclei (plus two other regions) on my
.map file, and that's not nice! I've done an AWK program that
helped me with it, but it's really unconvenient.
	I'm not that a programmer yet to try to implement this feature
by my own, so it stays here as a suggestion...

	Well, take a look at the site, because thet map is getting really
cute! :)

  -- Nicolau Werneck