maxscale & classes

Robin.Ellis at dnr.qld.gov.au Robin.Ellis at dnr.qld.gov.au
Sun Oct 29 19:36:06 EST 2000

Does anybody know why I can't utilise a maxscale with a tiled layer that has
multiple class names? I've included the layer definition from my mapfile
below. The functions properly if I have it in the exact format below (you'll
notice that most of the class names have been nullified by the #). However,
if I try to include any more of the class names by removing the # the whole
system will not load properly.I seem to be limited to only including 2 class
names per layer that has a maxscale attribute included. Alternatively, I can
remove the maxscale attribute to allow all class names to be included, but
this is not an acceptable solution for this system.

We're using a Java based application on a Unix platform.

The layer definition is:

LAYER

  NAME res
  TYPE POLYGON
  STATUS on
  MAXSCALE 250000
  TOLERANCE 0
  TILEINDEX /data4/WWW/projects/vegmgt/qdemo/coverages/se_shires
  TILEITEM retile

    CLASSITEM vm_stat_id

      CLASS
        EXPRESSION '1'
	NAME "Dominant Endangered Remnant"
        COLOR 202 0 220
        OUTLINECOLOR 202 0 220
     END  # CLASS

      CLASS
        EXPRESSION '2'
	NAME "Sub-dominant Endangered Remnant"
        COLOR 247 165 255
        OUTLINECOLOR 247 165 255
     END  # CLASS

      CLASS
        EXPRESSION '3'
#	NAME "Dominant Of Concern Remnant"
        COLOR 255 191 0
        OUTLINECOLOR 255 191 0
     END  # CLASS

      CLASS
        EXPRESSION '4'
#	NAME "Sub-dominant Of Concern Remnant"
        COLOR 220 206 0
        OUTLINECOLOR 220 206 0
     END  # CLASS

      CLASS
        EXPRESSION '5'
#	NAME "Not Of Concern Remnant"
        COLOR 146 174 47
        OUTLINECOLOR 146 174 47
     END  # CLASS

      CLASS
        EXPRESSION '6'
#	NAME "Plantation forest"
        COLOR 247 247 222
        OUTLINECOLOR 247 247 222
     END  # CLASS

      CLASS
        EXPRESSION '7' # regrowth
        COLOR 255 255 255
        OUTLINECOLOR 255 255 255
     END  # CLASS

      CLASS
        EXPRESSION '8' # clear
        COLOR 255 255 255
        OUTLINECOLOR 255 255 255
     END  # CLASS

      CLASS
        EXPRESSION '9'
#	NAME "Dam or water"
        COLOR 135 164 254
        OUTLINECOLOR 135 164 254
     END  # CLASS

      CLASS
        EXPRESSION '10' # mine
        COLOR 255 255 255
        OUTLINECOLOR 255 255 255
     END  # CLASS

      CLASS
        EXPRESSION '11' # no data
#	NAME "No data"
        COLOR 200 100 100
        OUTLINECOLOR 135 164 254
     END  # CLASS

END # layer

Thanks

Rob

Robin Ellis
Land Resources Officer
Department of Natural Resources
Burnett District
ph: 07 4131 5771
fax: 07 4131 5823
Robin.Ellis at dnr.qld.gov.au

and/or publication of this e-mail message is prohibited.

computer system network.