redraw acc. to query

Ma marin at here.is
Tue Oct 31 10:39:46 EST 2000

Dennis Christopher wrote:

> (I posted this question once before, but haven't got an answer.) I don't
> beleive it involves anything difficult.
> Can anyone give me an outline of how to do this?
>
> I want to have the current map redrawn according to a query result, with
> the areas selected
> by the query drawn in some specified highlight color, and the
> non-selected areas drawn as normal.

Add these lines to your map file.

###########################
QUERYMAP
  STATUS ON
  STYLE HILITE
  COLOR 255 255 0  # highlight color is yellow
END
##########################

> For the user front end for this, ie a way to construct the query, I'll
> need to access all of the
> attribute names and values for a given layer.

The query via form (add this to any html file):

<!--  search form -->
<form method="get" action="http://your.web.server/cgi-bin/mapserv">
<!-- or action="http://your.web.server/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe" if it's Win
MapServer -->
<input type="hidden" name="map"
value="/your/path/to/the/map/file/search.map">
<!-- or  name="map" value="c:\your\path\to\the\map\file\search.map" if it's
Win MapServer -->
<input type="hidden" name="mode" value="itemnquery">
<input type="hidden" name="qlayer" value="YOUR_LAYER_NAME">
<input type="hidden" name="item" value="YOUR_ITEM_NAME">
<input type="TEXT" size="30" name="value" value="">
<input type="submit" value="Search">
</form>
<!-- /search form -->

To access all of the attribute names and values -  in the template_html_file
of the YOUR_LAYER_NAME layer you have to input all [YOUR_ITEM_NAME] items
from your DBF file. For more: http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/templates.html

> Dennis Christopher
> --
> Dennis Christopher (dennis at avenza.com)
> Product Development Manager
> Avenza Software, Inc.

---
Ma

P.S. may I have a free copy of  MAPublisher 4.0? I don't beleive it involves
anything difficult.