Various

Marc Jacquin jacquin at geosys-inc.com
Mon Sep 4 01:58:09 EDT 2000

Hi folks,

For marketing issues I was wondering how many web sites currently use
MapServer technology. Steve, do you have an idea ? 500, 1000, 10000 ?

I am stuck around NT, I made an ATL library and I feel about giving it for
free if my boss agrees (I think he does, I have to check first), anyone
interested ? Major issues are that Mapserver is designed for CGI (one shot)
and I had to make some changes in the initialization processes. It's really
easy to use with VB or VBA (you have to adapt to your customer favorite OS
and language).

Mainly it does in VB :

Dim map as new MSMap
Dim legend as new MSLegend

map.sizecols = 500
map.sizerows = 500

map.addLayer ...
map.legend = mylegend

map.savefile mygif.gif

and respects the mapfile specs (some items still have to be added) with
ATL/COM capabilities

It's only an alpha version. I can't promise it for free now, only if some
are really interested.
First question is the main one.

PS : it takes time to figure out if you can add something interesting to
such a product (Mapserver of course)

Marc