php3-mapscript and symbology

John Hockaday johnh at erin.gov.au
Tue Sep 5 18:16:56 EDT 2000

Hi,

I have the same situation but a little bit different.  I want to draw
the symbol according to an attribute value and make the colour decided
by another attribute value in the shapefile table.  This is similar in
that it is a dynamic symbology and dynamic colouring.

I see from Steve's comments that I could have an annotation layer for
each symbol but how do I determine the colour according to an attribute
value?  Can someone supply an excerpt from a .map file or do I need
some code to do the dynamic stuff?

Johnh

> Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 12:11:14 -0500
> From: "Stephen Lime" <steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us>

> Ok, here are some ideas:
>
> - multiple symbols: I recently added the ability to overlay 2 symbols to the
CVS version although