Strange behavior ....

Daniel Morissette danmo at videotron.ca
Wed Sep 13 14:49:42 EDT 2000

JF,

We have an application that does something similar to yours: we display
a layer of points in LAT/LON on top of a base map in LCC and we noticed
the same thing as you.  We haven't investigated the problem yet,
though...

Steve, are you aware of any PROJ.4 limitations that could explain that
behavior?  It seems to be that LAT/LON points located north of a
specific latitude are lost.  And the latitude at which points starts to
disappear changes depending on the scale of the map: as you zoom in, the
line where points start to disappear moves north.

Any idea?

Daniel

 Daniel Morissette                       danmo at videotron.ca
              http://pages.infinit.net/danmo/