itemnquery not returning all results

Robin.Ellis at dnr.qld.gov.au Robin.Ellis at dnr.qld.gov.au
Tue Sep 19 18:55:56 EDT 2000

I'm having difficulty getting Mapserver to return all matching records from
a shapefile when using 'itemnquery'. I use the following code to run the
process:

//seqbbggis002/cgi-bin/ms_3.3.003?&map=/data4/WWW/projects/burnett/mgr/qdrag
.map&mode=itemnquery&item=geol&value=^Clc$&qlayer=ardsoilsinfo

Often i'll get only a small subset of the intended records returned, or
(more distressingly) no matching records found for some valid values.

I can simulate the same types of queries on the shapefiles in Arcview and
have no difficulties, so I'm assuming I have a mapserver problem and not a
shapefile error.

Can anybody shed some light on what I might be doing wrong?

We're using version 3.3003

Thanks

Rob

Robin Ellis
Land Resources Officer
Department of Natural Resources
Burnett District
ph: 07 4131 5771
fax: 07 4131 5823
Robin.Ellis at dnr.qld.gov.au

and/or publication of this e-mail message is prohibited.

computer system network.