Displaying annotation layer

Yeewen Sat yeewen at petromap.com
Fri Sep 29 13:29:48 EDT 2000

Hi,
I'm new to mapserver.

I'm trying to create a layer that will display annotation.
I have label.shp label.shx and label.dbf files. label.shp contains point
objects, and label.dbf has a "TEXT" field that stores the text and ID that
allows me to identify the text objects.  I tried doing something like this
in my map file:

LAYER
 NAME label
 DATA label
 TYPE ANNOTATION
 LABELITEM "TEXT"
 CLASSITEM "ID"
 CLASS
   EXPRESSION "1"   # object ID=1 will have black text
   COLOR 0 0 0
 END
END

I thought this will display the text...but it doesn't. All I need is to
display the annotation at the coordinates specified in label.shp (a point
object file)

Can someone please help?

Thanks in advance.

--