(WinNT) Include mapscript.pm in Perl? (not working for me)

Janet Ciavarelli Jciavarelli at city.kamloops.bc.ca
Mon Apr 9 14:07:56 EDT 2001

I'm having troubles getting the mapscript.pm included in my Perl script. I tried the way it's done in dump.pl in the examples:

push @INC,"g:\mapserver\mapserver\mapscript\perl"
use "mapscript";

but get the error message:

"use" not allowed in expression at G:\MAPSER~1\MAPSER~1\MAPSCR~1\perl\examples\
ump.pl line 2, at end of line
syntax error at G:\MAPSER~1\MAPSER~1\MAPSCR~1\perl\examples\dump.pl line 2, nea
 "use "

Then I tried putting a semi-colon after the push command and removing the quotes around "mapscript", and that helped a bit. And I also copied mapscript.pm to a directory that INC does know about. Now I get this error message:

Can't locate loadable object for module mapscript in @INC (@INC contains: C:/Per
l/lib C:/Perl/site/lib .) at C:/Perl/site/lib/mapscript.pm line 7

What is the procedure for getting my install of Perl to recognize mapscript.pm and all the objects associated with it?

Janet