PHP/MapScript and MySQL

massimo ambrosini massimo at utilia.it
Wed Apr 11 18:19:49 EDT 2001

Thanks everyone for the help, mapserver and  gmap demo is now working on my system.

Now I'm plannig to build an application in which the data in the the shape files are integrated with some data from
a MySQL database.
Is it correct to place my MySQL query in the function "GMapDumpQueryResults", sobstituting the dbase stuff ?
What should be the link between "gpoQueryResults" and the records in MySQL tables, may be the shape index ($oResult->shape) ?

Another feature that I need is to do a query on my MySQL table ( for example searching the name of a city or the name of a park) and use the result to do
a query on the map, getting the draw of the map with the city founded on the center, with a fixed zooming factor, for example. Also in this case, what should be the link between the two queries ? Should  I use the  "queryUsingShape" method ?

Thank you

Massimo Ambrosini