Uncompressing LZW geotiffs

Marcelle Caturia catu0004 at umn.edu
Tue Apr 17 01:05:37 EDT 2001

Hi All,

What is an effective method to uncompress LZW-compressed geotiffs without
stripping the geo-related header info?  Unfortunately, right now the only
software in my lab which supports LZW-compressed files is Adobe Photoshop.
When I use Photoshop to open the geotiff and then save it in uncompressed
format, the geotiff header file seems to get tossed.  I'd like to work with
the tiff in ERDAS Imagine, but need the projection info.  Is my only
alternative to create a world file after uncompressing the geotiff?

Thanks,

Marcelle Caturia
Dept of Forest Resources
University of Minnesota