trouble displaying a symbol without a label

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Tue Apr 17 13:22:44 EDT 2001

With annotation layers the markers and text are considered a single entity.
That is, you can't have one without the other. Sounds like you should be
using TYPE POINT instead.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Internet Applications Analyst

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> "David Raitzer" <david_raitzer at hotmail.com> 04/17/01 11:56AM >>>
Hello,

When I use a parameter such as labelmaxscale to selectively apply labels to
symbols, unlabeled symbols are not displayed.  What do I need to do to
ensure that unlabeled symbols are indeed displayed?  Also, what are the
units for labelmaxscale?  The relevant section of my mapfile is as follows
(without labelmaxscale):

LAYER
	NAME "watershed"
	DATA "watershed"