[mapserver-users] mapserver on apache

Gert-Jan van der Weijden gert-jan.van.der.weijden at aris.nl
Fri Apr 20 07:37:33 EDT 2001

Daniel Morissette wrote:

> Gert-Jan van der Weijden wrote:
> >
> > While running my mapscript application my I get the following error:
> >
> > Warning: MapServer Error in msLoadMap(): ():(0) in
> > /project/webmap/www/pag/mapfile.php on line 44
> >
> > Fatal error: Failed to open map file /project/webmap/www/pag/wm12.map in
> > /project/webmap/www/pag/mapfile.php on line 44
> >
> > This error occurs the fourth of fifth time I make a map-request.
> > The line reads:
> > $map = ms_newMapObj ("/pag/wm12.map");
> >

> This could be a parsing error on line 0 (top of map file)...
> unfortunately sometimes the error received from the parser is not very
> meaningful.
>
> However, if you say that this happens only on the 4th or 5th request
> then it can't be the case... are you sure that there is nothing that
> changes in the logic of your script between the 4th and 5th request
> prior to opening the map file?
>
> If you are sure that this same map file can be loaded by the same script
> 4 times but that on the 5th call it can't load, then it must be a memory
> leak or a problem of this type.  If you can then please send me a copy
> of your map file and script and I'll try to reproduce and track the
> problem here.
>
> > This error occurs the fourth of fifth time I make a map-request.
> > The line reads:
> > $map = ms_newMapObj ("/pag/wm12.map");
> >

> Have you tried using a relative path to open the map file:
>   $map = ms_newMapObj ("wm12.map");

Hi Daniel (and others),

I've got some additional information:
When running Apache from inetd instead of standalone the problem doesn't
occur.
The same for running the whole thing with another webserver (WN).

Could it be something like the mapfile gets locked by Apache ?

Gert-Jan

Gert-Jan van der Weijden

ARIS - Adviesburo voor Ruimtelijke Informatie Systemen
       Hooghiemstraplein 126    Tel.   +31-(0)30-2769180
       3514 AZ  UTRECHT         Fax.   +31-(0)30-2733578
       The Netherlands          E-mail gert-jan.van.der.weijden at aris.nl
                                Http://www.aris.nl