[mapserver-users] recoloring raster images on-the-fly

Andrea Goethals andreag at geoplan.ufl.edu
Mon Apr 23 16:47:06 EDT 2001

I have a need to create legends on-the-fly for raster
images and to recolor the images on-the-fly. I found in the archive one
way to do this:
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/majordom_lists/archives/mapserver-users/html/0006/msg00083.html

It works but there is not an item name to use for complex expressions
like there is with shapefiles. If I put more than one class/end within
a layer tag it wants to have a classitem, which I can't have for tiffs.
So it seems that they have to be in separate layer/end tags.

Is there a way to recolor and create a legend for an image
without creating ~100 layer/end tags to symbolize an image
into 10 ranges (1-10, 11-20, etc)? Regular expressions don't
seem to be recognized for use in recoloring images...

Thanks,
Andrea

--
| Andrea Goethals         |