[mapserver-users] combining regular and boolean expressions

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Thu Apr 26 01:09:43 EDT 2001

You can do this in 3.4 and higher. I added a regular expression operator (=~) to logical expression support so you can write things like:

  ([AREA] > 50000 AND '[NAME]' =~ /^San.*/)

Steve

>>> "Keith Sibson" <ksibson at matrix.net> 04/25/01 18:12 PM >>>

Is there any way to do this?

Ideally, what I'm looking for is multiple expressions in
a single class, all of which have to be true for the layer to
be of that class. I want to combine a boolean and regular
expression because I need to check a couple of inequalities
AND match a string. I take it boolean expressions don't allow
nested regular expressions?

I suspect this isn't possible, but my need is great and
immediate, so could someone please point me to the expression
parsing code.

Thanks,

Keith.