[mapserver-users] msDrawRaster TileIndex TileItem Location

Pericles S. Nacionales pnaciona at gis.umn.edu
Wed Aug 1 14:41:39 EDT 2001

Richard, et al.

To get back on the original question, the reason it doesn't work is because
the network drive isn't mapped when MapServer makes the read request.  You
probably need to find a way to map drives while running as a service.  The
web server itself can't help you here because it's MapServer that actually
reads the file.

I suppose you can write a script that maps a network path to your local
machine, and that can run as an NT service.  Chances are you'll need a user
that can login as a service to do this.  Could be more  of a hassle with
security issues.  You can try though, and I would like to hear what happens.

Good luck!
Perry N.