[mapserver-users] compiling MS 3.5 on NT

Richard Greenwood Rich at GreenwoodMap.com
Wed Aug 1 15:33:50 EDT 2001

Hi All,

I'm having two problems compiling mapserver 3.5 under VC with all of the
options that I want.

1. I can't seem to link true type support in, no matter what I do, when I
run my compiled mapserv.exe I get the error:
"loadlabel(): Unknown identifier. Keyword FONT is not valid without
TrueType font support."

2. I am getting a nasty error from tiff_lib; mapserver crashes with the error:
"Instruction at "xxx" referenced memory at "xxx". The memory could not be
written."
I only get this error from the executable that I have compiled, not the 3.5
executable that download from the umn.edu site, so I'm obviously doing
something wrong.

If anyone can shed any light on either of these issues, I'd appreciate it.
Running ms 3.5 is not critical to my project so I am not losing any sleep
over these problems, it is just that I have spent so much time trying to
get a good executable that I'd like to figure out what I am doing wrong.

Rich

Richard W. Greenwood, PLS
Greenwood Mapping, Inc.
Rich at GreenwoodMap.com