[mapserver-users] Multiple LabelItems from dropdown?

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Mon Aug 6 11:29:39 EDT 2001

Another option would be to change the label item on-the-fly. You can
use the CGI variable map_airport_labelitem for that purpose. You only
need one layer then. You'll have to write a tiny bit of javascript code
to make that control sticky but that's about it.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Internet Applications Analyst

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> Puneet Kishor <pkishor at GeoAnalytics.com> 08/03/01 12:58PM >>>
Hi Mark,

The quickest way that come to my mind is...

make a separate layer for each of the labels... that is, one airport layer
with airport name as labelitem, another airport layer with faa id as label.
Turn the status to off for all of them.

then use the form to grab the labelitem and turn that specific layer on by
setting its status to on.

hth.

pk/

--