[mapserver-users] queryUsingPoint seg fault on demo maps

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Tue Aug 7 16:28:48 EDT 2001

> Jim Burnett wrote:
>
> I get a segfault when try to do a queryUsingPoint...I am testing with
> the demo maps....My map browsing works like zooming and panning, but
> now I want to query the map data when I click on an area, and return
> data from the attribute data. Like the area of the lake and miles and
> stuff.

Jim,

Seems like you're running MapScript 3.4 with PHP 4.0.6 ... this
combination is known to have a problem which is documented at the
following URL:
http://www2.dmsolutions.ca/mapserver/php_mapscript/php_mapscript_faq.html#4.5

You'll have to either switch to MapServer 3.5 or backtrack to PHP 4.0.5.

The following message in the archive also tells you how to patch your
MapScript 3.4 if you really can't switch versions of PHP or MapServer:
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/majordom_lists/archives/mapserver-users/html/0107/msg00204.html

 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca