[mapserver-users] truetype support for 3.5 win binaries?

Armin Burger armin.burger at territoriumonline.com
Mon Aug 13 04:17:51 EDT 2001

Is there any win binary for ms 3.5 that has truetype support built in? The
readme file says
 'compiled with this distribution are:
  PNG, JPEG, TIFF/GeoTIFF, Proj4, Freetype 2.'

but when I configure labels to use truetype I get the following error
message:

'msGetLabelSize(): TrueType Font error. libgd was not built with TrueType
font support'.

I used the gif version (the readme file is probably the same for png and
gif). The php enabled version from dm solutions offers tt support but the
result of the output is a bit poor, no comparison to the good quality from
the ms 3.4.

I dont't have a clue, is it necessary to install Freetype additionally?

Thanks for any help

Armin

--
Armin Burger