[mapserver-users] Java Applet Development

Janet Ciavarelli Jciavarelli at city.kamloops.bc.ca
Mon Aug 13 14:45:02 EDT 2001

Is the Rosa applet only available in the PHP environment?

>>> Daniel Morissette <morissette at dmsolutions.ca> 08/13/01 07:29AM >>>
Kieran,

The ROSA applet can do exactly that... see section "4 - distance
measurement tool" in the ROSA docs at
http://www2.dmsolutions.ca/webtools/rosa/rosa_params.html

You can see an example of it in use in Environment Canada's species at
risk application at
http://www.sis.ec.gc.ca/msapps/ec_species/htdocs/ec_species_e.phtml

The measured distance is displayed in the status bar of the browser
window... no need to say that the distance is only approximative due to
the projection issues that you mentioned.

Best Regards,

Daniel