[mapserver-users] SVG

Rob Atkinson rob at socialchange.net.au
Thu Aug 16 19:07:11 EDT 2001

Logically better to support GML, then you can choose a GML to SVG stylesheet
at runtime if you wish.
(keep data model and presentation separate!)

Would be interested in feedback re performance - its on a long to-do list
for us.

Big issue with vector formats is always the unpredicatability of response
size in a network environment. Leads to interesting issues re generalisation
on the fly. In the past I have used the maxfeatures to limit mapserver time
rendering - the same concept might work but what if the client zooms in?

Rob Atkinson