[mapserver-users] extents/coords questions

Drew drish at drish.net
Thu Aug 16 21:49:26 EDT 2001

1. What's the best way to get the extents of my map, I have 1000's of tiles
in a directory, and also a tileindex file. My current extents appear to be
off, as the bounding box on my reference map is way off.

2. How do I plot things on my map based on a list of 100 or so coordinates?
I'm not sure if there is any coordinate data in my shapefiles, and if there
is, what format it is in. How do I find out? Do I need to?

Thanks,
Drew