[mapserver-users] PDF output again

Carlo A. Bertelli bertelli at charta.acme.com
Fri Aug 17 09:00:06 EDT 2001

Hello,

Some months ago I asked for pdf output from MapServer and a short thread
started but nor I nor anyone known to the list came out with a solution to
have vector graphics inside a pdf as a result of a MapServer query.
Now, I think there is no need to extend MapServer to become a pdf server; a
different cgi, which could accept MapServer commands without need for some
interactive part could be produced, substituting pdflib for gd. A button or
a link in the interface displaying the gif/png map could just call this cgi
in a new window with the same map in a vector containing PDF.
Just a suggestion for a hack...

Carlo

Carlo A. Bertelli
   Charta   servizi e sistemi per il territorio e la storia ambientale srl
            Dipendenze del palazzo di Clemente Doria,
            via alla Chiesa della Maddalena 9/2 16124      Genova (Italy)
            tel. +39(0)10 2475439          fax +39(0)10 2475439
    e-mail: bertelli at charta.acme.com      http://www.charta.acme.com