[mapserver-users] How TO: Flashing / Blinking Polygon?

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Mon Aug 20 17:11:19 EDT 2001

You need to create an animated gif. Let's say you create a single frame
with the mapserver where the selected polygon is, say, yellow. You could
use GD or ImageMagick to create a second frame changing the yellow to
redm and then yet another tool to wrap the frames into the animated gif.
What that tool is I don't know but there's got to be one out there, perhaps
ImageMagick. Could do it. Finally that animated gif is returned to the user
and the process continues.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Internet Applications Analyst

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> "Hankley, Chip" <Chip.Hankley at GASAI.Com> 08/20/01 03:23PM >>>
I have an application where the user selects a value from a dropdown menu,
and the corresponding polygon on the map turns red.

I'd like to figure out a way to make the polygon "blink" or "flash" a number
of times in rapid succession, but have absolutely no idea how to do it.

Anyone have any suggestions / examples?

Thanks!

Chip

(MapServer 3.4, PHP MapScript for PHP Version 4.0.4pl1, WIN NT 4, PWS)